Leak testing plays a critical role in the safety and environmental integrity of any hydrocarbon facility. Most leaks occur during plant start up, after commissioning of new facilities or following routine maintenance of existing facilities during shutdown.
Leak testing using a helium trace in nitrogen, is proven to be the most quantifiable and scientifically accurate method available. Developed over two decades ago, helium leak detection remains the international industry standard for effective leak testing of hydrocarbon systems.
Helium is present in very small quantities in the atmosphere, is one of the smallest gas molecules and, like nitrogen, is inert . A mixture of 1% helium and 99% nitrogen is injected into the system in controlled stages until the required test pressure is reached. Every possible leakage path (flanges, valve glands and stems, instruments etc.) can be tested using a probe connected to a mass spectrometer or by using handheld helium testers, this means that every leak can be precisely identified and quantified. At Willda Group, we use only the latest technology to deliver superior accuracy and reliability. All data is recorded and stored electronically and can be used for further analysis or for future data comparison.
Combined with our flange management services, this integrated approach ensures compliance with critical path deadlines and delivers reduced costs along with enhanced reliability and safety performance.
- Nitrogen leak testing
- Nitrogen/helium leak testing
- Pneumatic testing
- Air/helium leak testing
- Air testing
- Improves safety and protects the environment
- Eliminates risks associated with leaks and uncontrolled hydrocarbon emissions
- Integrated approach delivers increased efficiency
- Prevents loss of production and revenue due to unplanned shutdowns
- Highly skilled Willda personnel, deployed whenever and wherever required
- 3 x 180K Nitrogen Pump Units
- 6 x 8,000 Litre Liquid Nitrogen Tanks
- 2 x 22,000 Litre Liquid Nitrogen Tanks
- 6 x Hand Held Mass Spectrometers
- 2 x Nitrogen membrane productions units
- Pipeline pigging & purging